If you are new to Peru, General Meetings are a great way to have fun, network, and become immersed in our group.
General Meetings are held on the first Monday of the month beginning April, from 3 to 5 pm, in 'Chase Hall' at the Union Church of Lima in Miraflores, Angamos Oeste 1155 (one block from Avenida Santa Cruz and 4 blocks from the Ovalo Guitierrez - entrance on Calle Retiro 160, across from the Amano Museum). Please see map below.
Visitors are welcome.
Please email us in advance at email@example.com if you would like to come. Guests pay a 35 soles tea fee at the door.
If you would like to suggest an interesting speaker, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A guest speaker and showcase artist are featured at most general meetings.
Past Monthly Programs
Here is a sample of past speakers:
- Susan Mucha, author of "Deadly Deception."
- Maria Clara Monge on "Ancient Peruvian Textiles, History, Restoration and Display."
- Delia Ackerman, documentary filmmaker. Special presentation of short film "The King of the Desert is Dying."
- Anna Danon, jewelry designer
- Dr. Mary Malca, Director of Aniquem on "Building Hope for Burn Survivors."
- Dr. Ariel Frisancho, CARE Director of Health Programs, "No Woman Left Behind," on advances in maternal health care
- Iliana Ivandic on "The Medieval Woman - She is Not Such a Tame Lady as we Imagine."
- Holiday Tea at the home of Honorary President, Fatima McKinley, wife of US Ambassador, with the Lima Women's Chorale singing a selection of favorite Christmas music.
- Maria Arana, Author and Editor of Washington Post Book Review, on her "Simon Bolivar" biography. Listen here.
- Tessi Piazza on "The History and Cultural Role of Cross Stitch," with display
- South African Ambassador, Chris Streeter, on "The History of South Africa." (2007)
- Fernando de Szyszlo, one of Peru's leading artists (1960s)
Julio Tello, pioneer in Peruvian archaeology (1920s)