If you are new to Peru, General Meetings are a great way to have fun, network, and become immersed in our group.
General Meetings are held on the first Monday of the month beginning in April and go to November, from 3 to 5 pm, in Miraflores.
Visitors are welcome.
Please email us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to come. Guests pay a 35 soles tea fee at the door.
If you would like to suggest an interesting speaker, please email us at email@example.com.
A guest speaker and showcase artist are featured at most general meetings.
Past Monthly Programs
Here is a sample of past speakers:
- Susan Mucha, author of "Deadly Deception."
- Maria Clara Monge on "Ancient Peruvian Textiles, History, Restoration and Display."
- Delia Ackerman, documentary filmmaker. Special presentation of short film "The King of the Desert is Dying."
- Anna Danon, jewelry designer
- Dr. Ariel Frisancho, CARE Director of Health Programs, "No Woman Left Behind," on advances in maternal health care
- Iliana Ivandic on "The Medieval Woman - She is Not Such a Tame Lady as we Imagine."
- Maria Arana, Author and Editor of Washington Post Book Review, on her "Simon Bolivar" biography. Listen here.
- Tessi Piazza on "The History and Cultural Role of Cross Stitch," with display
- South African Ambassador, Chris Streeter, on "The History of South Africa." (2007)
- Julio Tello, pioneer in Peruvian archaeology (1920s)